| REALTIME BIOMETRICS
New Aware Enterprise Security Challenges, and Biometric Solutions
The Biometric Update Newsletter provides daily news, information and market research to industry professionals involved in the biometrics value chain. Biometric technologies, therefore, consist of both hardware and software. A biometric identification device is hardware that gathers, reads and compares biometric data. Biometric data is a sample taken from the individual which is unique to their person. Software embedded within biometric technologies includes a biometric engine that processes gathered biometric data. #biometrics, #realtimebiometrics #AttendanceMachine
Use our newsletter to:
1) Learn about the latest technologies and developments in the global biometrics market.
2) Obtain timely competitive intelligence about the biometrics industry value chain.
3) Identify products, technologies and industry trends that will increase profitability.
4) Monitor high-quality market research to identify potential opportunities and risks.
5) As discussed in FindBiometrics' extensive Enterprise Security Month coverage, digitization has fundamentally transformed business operations. And as Aware's new white paper outlines, mobile technology goes hand-in-hand with that trend. Pretty much everybody has a smartphone, and workplaces are accommodating these shifts with Bring Your Device attitudes that allow employees to access key assets using their own devices.
6) Biometric technologies are systems or applications that are designed to employ biometric data derived from biometric identifiers or modalities. A biometric system is an automated process that: i) collects or captures biometric data via a biometric identification device, such as an image scanner for fingerprints or palm vein patterns or a camera to collect facial and iris scans, ii) extracts the data from the actual submitted sample, iii) compares the scanned data from those captured for reference, iv) matches the submitted sample with templates and v) determines or verifies whether the identity of the biometric data holder is authentic.